January 24, 2008

Day 2 and eatin' some eggs

January 23, 2008 at 07:06 PM CST
Not a lot new to report tonight. Tim did get up and out of bed to play some this afternoon (see the new picture that was posted), but he's still spending most of his time either sleeping or nursing, although he did eat some pizza tonight for dinner. He seemed to have the most energy today around dinner time, but hopefully he'll be feeling even better tomorrow and will keep mom and grandma busy watching him in the playroom instead of just looking for cuddles in his room.


January 23, 2008 at 11:33 AM CST
It's been a long day already, but in a good way. Tim is on the general floor now, they moved him around 9:30 this morning. He's had a few more tubes removed and is down to just two - one in his hand, and one in his groin. He is on very little medication, just morphine and tylenol for pain. Every day he his morphine dose goes down a little more. They expect to take his chest tube out tomorrow and probably one more echo. With a little luck we should be headed home by this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed! He is much more awake now, and just wants to be held and cuddled. He ate some real food today - eggs, rice, bread and some cheerios. I posted a photo. You'll see he looks pretty good, just a little dopey from the medicine. For the moment he is sleeping, but I don't expect it to last long, he really would just prefer that I hold him all the time, and I'm trying my best! We were quite a sight eating lunch, with me helping Tim and my mom helping me. They are very kind to us here and have helped a lot. It's hard for me to get away, but I will try to update as often as possible. Hopefully there won't be much to report - no news is good news!

No comments: