Tim's breathing got a little irregular overnight and this morning and so as a precaution Christine took him to the pediatrician today just to make sure it wasn't anything to be too concerned about. This led to a number of tests at their office including an x-ray to eliminate congestive heart failure as a possibility. After coming up empty there the pediatrician's office sent them to Central DuPage Hospital for more detailed study including a meeting with a pediatric cardiologist and an echo.
The initial word at CDH was confusing as Christine was being told that Tim's left ventricular function was in bad shape and his valves were leaking even though just days ago we were getting reports from U of M that his ventricular function was better than it was when he went in for surgery and his leaking valve was much improved. Of course, the docs at CDH did not have the benefit of seeing any of the echo recordings or other test results from U of M. Ultimately the decision was made to transport Tim from CDH to Children's so a more detailed echo could be done along with any other necessary tests to make sure everything is okay.
Dad and Lou came to drop off some supplies for mom and Tim before they got picked up for the ride to Children's and while Tim's heart rate was elevated it was in a fairly regular rhythm and his breathing, which was what was concerning in the first place, was nice and regular and normal. We're currently unsure if anything of importance is going to happen tonight, but even after arrival at Children's Tim's heart rate dropped back down to an even more normal rate. We'll just have to see how things go tonight and see what, if anything, the docs at Children's decide to do.